The comments on weltwoche.ch serve as a discussion forum and aim to allow readers to openly exchange ideas. It is important to us that all comment columns are discussed fairly and truthfully. Sharp, factual criticism of the content of the article or, where appropriate, the contributions of other forum participants is welcome, as long as it is presented politely. On the other hand, privacy-infringing and discriminatory statements violate our guidelines. Comments that use sexist, abusive or offensive language will be deleted as well. Commercial contributions will not be accepted. Contiguous comments (two or more comments in a row to avoid the character limit) should be avoided, although online editors may allow exceptions with a sense of proportion.
Comment columns are article related, thematic orientation is predetermined. So we ask you to avoid any contributions that are not related to the content of the article.
Using the feedback function signifies your acceptance of our guidelines.
- It has nothing to do with the title of the article
- Commercial in nature
- Personal insults to other forum participants
- Denigrating individuals or groups based on race, ethnicity or religion
- Spelling and punctuation are flawed
- There are pejorative changes in people’s names or slogans
- Contains more than one external link
- Contains links to questionable sites
- Contains only a link without descriptive context
As a medium of free expression, Weltwoche Verlags AG handles the publication of opinions liberally. However, the Online Editorial Board reserves the right to disapprove comments at its sole discretion and without assigning reasons. In principle, there is no right to comment. Editors also reserve the right to make cuts.
“Wannabe pop culture fanatic. Zombie advocate. Entrepreneur. Internet evangelist. Alcohol fanatic. Typical travel buff.”